At 00:26 08-03-16, Sampo Syreeni wrote:
On 2016-03-07, David Pickett wrote:

Sorry, I should shave before writing.  I meant magnetron, not klystron...

Magnetrons are self-oscillating sources of microwave radiation. Of the fringed, multiplied, physical, secondary oscillator kind. Klystrons on the other hand are linear electron beam devices which are used as high gain, high power amplifiers.

I don't mean to be rude, but how on earth do you mix those tubes togerher? To me they seem totally different, both in construction, and in their actual use.

Simply because I havent used or seen one since 1966, when I was building solid state oscillators to replace them.

David