From: bbowling <bbowl...@vt.edu>
To: sursound <sursound@music.vt.edu>
Sent: Sun, Mar 20, 2016 6:02 pm
Subject: [Sursound] Servicing a Soundfield MK V in the United States.

Hello All,From reading the subjects that have been posted over the past year, I
can see many of us have issues with our Soundfield equipment. I have been able
to make contact with the U.S. based sales rep in Los Angeles, Ca, and I have
spoken to TSL support twice in regards to having our Soundfield MK V serviced.
The conclusion from every angle is that I will have to send it to them in
Marlow, U.K. to have it serviced.Have any of you found any companies in the
U.S. that can, or are willing to service Soundfield products? We believe there
is a power issue at hand and would like to avoid sending it to Europe if at all
possible.Here is a description of the problem from the Professor. "Actually the
problem is that it does not always turn on.  There appears to be a problem with
its power supply that causes it to chirp/click repeatedly while attempting to
power on, and often even when it does finally turn on (after letting it try and
“chirp” for a while, the display lights up without the usual channel indicators
and level meters being displayed.  Sometimes if you let it sit (on) long
enough, or try cycling the power a number of times in succesion, the unit
starts up correctly and works as expected."Thank you in advance, and all the
best to you all!"Barry
unsubscribe here, edit account or options, view archives and so on.