At 11:40 25-07-16, Richard Lee wrote:
>> Most days I would agree with you: but there is always Murphy's Law to
>contend with, and the specific case of this states that a PP3-powered
>recording device will fail only when a unique event is to be recorded.
>
>Ha!  In my limited experience, Murphy is MUCH more likely to strike at
>rechargeable batteries.  8>D
>
>You find, far too late, that you haven't charged them properly or they no
>longer retain charge properly.

Yes; but in my experience this is more predictable than how or when Murphy will strike!

Talking about connectors -- those to PP3 batteries, like these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-X-HARD-PLASTIC-PP3-9V-BATTERY-CLIP-SNAP-ON-CONNECTOR-145MM-CABLE-LEAD-SNAPS-/280832811783 often have very thin wires, and I had one break off a couple of months ago, with nearly totally disastrous results. I replaced the assembly with a snap in holder.