> Looks like the same guts as the Tascam DR-701D? 4 plus 2, but more
> cleverly
> implemented, what op amps does it use?
>
> Bit gutted, bought the Tascam recently looking for a budget ambisonic
> recording solution that wasn't a Zoom H6, this F4 looks so much better in
> terms of design.

Neat it only weighs in at about 1 Kg (without batteries ...).

It has four XLR (3-pin) in's.
Now what can I plug into an XLR socket   . . . ah, yes, four one metre XLR
leads weigh in at one pound (444g).
Mmm.
Might have been more sensible to have an (XLR housed) CAT-5 input (orany
other multi.channel input) but can't see that appealing to the 'truckers'
with their enormous windshields, recording in (?)mono ....

Mmm.

Michael

(Wonder what the price will be?
?>50% of the f8