Oli... Perhaps more than you wanted, but Plogue Bidule has a 16-channel
recorder (up to 32 ch) and is available as VST and AU plugins. It will also
host VST and AU plugins, and do many other types of processing. There is a
standalone version as well that interfaces to audio devices directly.

    https://www.plogue.com/products/bidule/

I have used it for years on Macs and it is has been very dependable.

Aaron (hel...@ai.sri.com)
Menlo Park, CA  US