Hey Steve,

   well actually I think our results match your impression to some extent. In
our second listening test, the TetraMic was preferred to the Ambeo,
particularly in terms of high frequency timbre. In terms of directional
accuracy, our study did find the Ambeo to be slightly more accurate, but with
the difference in capsule spacing that was expected.

Both the Ambeo and TetraMic were recorded with a MOTU 8m, with the stock Ambeo
cables, and the PPAc cabling for the Tetra over a very short cable run, and
yeah, the specific calibration was for sure used for the Tetra. In that
scenario, the TetraMic recording was definitely noisier, purely due to the
additional gain required. I've heard from quite a few people that given a high
end preamp with sufficient clean gain, that's not so much of an issue.

Have you tried the latest version of the Ambeo A-to-B-format conversion plugin?
The new filter sounds a lot better to my ears.

Steve