Hi Martin,

Interesting! Taking a closer look it seems like it’s an intermediate library to
ease integrating ambisonic encoding to VR, or game scenes, and applying also
some environmental effects (reverberation). The actual ambisonic processing is
still handled by their Omnitone library.

Taking a look at the source code, Songbird has up to 3rd-order processing.
Curiously, the Omnitone main branch is still at first-order processing only,
but there is a development HOA branch, so I guess it is almost ready.
Some of the methods that we have used in our JSambisonics web audio library
have also been incorporated, e.g. they are using the Ivanic and Ruedenberg
rotation method for real spherical harmonics, which we have also found to be
the fastest.

That’s a great development I believe, cause the FOA Omnitone binaural decoder,
even though fast, was quite “blurry" spatially.

Regards,
Archontis Politis

On 01 Sep 2017, at 19:12, Martin Leese