I wrote:

I'd appreciate it if someone could recommend a very simple Windows audio player that can play a 6-channel WAV file to a 6-speaker ring.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Ideally, we're looking for a very simple player.

I've tried Audacity, and while it records multi-tracks, it only plays stereo.

I can't get VLC v2.2.5.1 to play to six speakers. It looks like it will play Dolby 5.1 files, but I can't configure it for a 6-speaker ring playing a 6-channel WAV.

I''ve also tried Sound Devices' Wave Agent, but it, too, can only play to 2 speakers. It looks like it's a useful tool for splitting multi-channel WAVs into individual files, and combining single channel WAV files into multi-WAV files.

I'll try Plogue Bidule next .  It's a bit more complicated that we'd like, but if it works, maybe we can work around the complexity.

Other recommendations welcomed!

Len Moskowitz (mosko...@core-sound.com)
Core Sound LLC
www.core-sound.com