Marc... As I recall, this is the first assignment that requires some
experimentation to determine the correct parameters. Good luck with it.

Regarding the original poster's question ... as you learn in this course,
the perceived pitch is not necessarily the strongest frequency in the
signal -- you need to analyze the harmonic structure of the signal. In many
instruments (trumpet, trombone, low-string on a violin, bottom octave of a
piano), the overtones are stronger than the fundamental.

Similar analysis is needed for parametric decoding of Ambisonics signals,
such as done by Harpex.or DirAC.

Aaron