Michael Dunn wrote:

> The foam in my MkIV ?suitcase? has turned to horrid mush. Argh. Any ideas
> for dealing with it?
>
> I am incredibly scared to open the mic lest I find foam gunk all over those
> beautiful capsules!!!

Quantum physics notwithstanding, either there
is foam gunk over the capsules or there is not.
Leaving the mic closed will not change the
result when you finally do so.  Also,the longer
you leave gunk in there (if any) then the more
time is has to glue itself onto the capsules.

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org