As I see it to capture the signals for the upper layers of octomic with a
tetra mic you rotate the mic 90 degrees between the takes..
To capture the lower octomic  elements layer go back to initial position,
then rotate Tetra mic 45 degrees and then 90 degrees for 2  recordings.

So 4 rotation direction to place the tetra mic elements in same positions
as the 8 Octomic capsules.

select the 8 A signals that corresponds to the octomic positions...

Then get our hands on the octomic software if possible and hopefully
translate the tetramic calibration file in to a octomic calibration file,
might be possible.

This has only a chance to work for IR measurements and if the rotation of
the tetramic is done without moving the center point of the mic head.

I hope this is possible, it should be a great new use of a tetramic to be
able with a little work to create second order room Impulse responses.

 Bo-Erik

: