Yes it does in the h2, h4, h4n, and the h6, but not the f4, f8, or f8n.
They are hybrid...
I have a h4n, h2n, and f8, but have used them all.
It really does work like i said, and is effective at higher bit rates.
There's quite a few tests online, and quite a few misplaced negatively from
sound devices owners, that really didn't do their research.
Obviously i would prefer a bank of 8 accurately linked analig limiters, but
that really does bump up the price and size.

(started a new thread so we don't go to off piste)

Best

Steve