The Zoom H3-VR has hit the shops in Europe and I got mine a good week ago. All ok, so far, with the exception of a harmless bug (file date 8 hours earlier than real time clock) and a mechanical prob (slightly wobbly fixing of the mics causing noise under some circumstances).

Haven't had time for much testing with the exception of a few short takes outside in street traffic and some railway noises last night.

Above all: The remote control by iPhone app is absolutely brilliant. I'll never buy a recorder without it again.

The sound seems OK but the post-processing software from the Zoom website is nothing to write home about. Essential features like level control and normalising are lacking and I'm not too happy with the conversion to Binaural.

So, if anyone has suggestions for better Mac ambisonics software or plugins I'd love to hear from you.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com