Bruce, considering that price is an issue for you, you could look at the
miniDSP SPK-4. It has an interesting cousin, the SPK-4P. The SPK-4P is an
Ethernet AVB-capable speaker, and can get power, audio and control over the
Ethernet cable. This eases configuration. The SPK-4 can also power an attached
SPK4. You could have a configuration with up to 120 speakers.

Professor Richard Foss
Computer Science Department
Rhodes University
Grahamstown 6140