Hi,

In JSAmbisonics online demos we have an example that decodes to 8 speakers,
working in Chrome with success. I remember we had some problem getting output
for more channels out at that time, but that was a year ago and things may have
changed in Web-Audio.

In general, the library supports one to provide and use their own decoding
matrices for 1st-15th order for 2D, and 1st-4th order for 3D, hence one could
write their preferred optimized decoding matrices to decode to 5.1 or 7.1, or
binaural, and give the option in a player to switch from one to the other. The
library can also compute internally a decoding matrix, based on ALLRAD, which
should work ok in most cases.

I haven’t used Omnitone, but it may be providing the same functionality now.
Since these libraries take care of the processing and decoding, and provide
examples for playing B-format files, FOA and HOA, in any connvention, wrapping
them in a web-based audio player should be trivial.

Best regards,
Archontis Politis

On 13 Jan 2019, at 12:35, Bo-Erik Sandholm