Dear colleagues & friends,

We are happy to announce that the virtual fall event of the German Tonmeister Society will host Europe’s Fourth Student 3D Audio Production Competition, Oct. 7th to 10th 2020, that is just being set up,
https://tonmeister.org/en/events/2020-10-07-online-tonmeister-event/

Call: Students who are interested in 3D-spatialized sound and work on spatial music, spatial audio productions or recordings are invited to participate by submitting short works (4min/11min) to the fourth Student 3D Audio Production Competition.

There are three submission categories:

(1) contemporary / computer music (11min)
(2) audio drama / documentary / soundscapes (4min)
(3) music recording / studio production (4min);

The format requirements for preparing a submission and tools to check are given here https://iaem.at/ambisonics/s3dapc/2020 and of course you can get in touch if there are questions: <s3d...@iem.at>

The submission portal
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=s3dapc2020
is open until the July 15th 2020.

An international jury will assess the submissions concerning the creative and technical quality, providing feedback to all the participants of the competition. Based on the resulting ranking, the finalists will be selected for presentation at in our virtual award ceremony in Oct 2020. The finalists will be notified and requested to attend the meeting to virtually receive their award, the jury’s comments, and say a few words about their submissions.

The finalists' work will be presented during the finals and awards celebration and in addition to the streaming that is probably in binaural stereo, we are working on making the finalists works available through the higher-order Ambisonic streaming tool HOAST (http://hoast.iem.at).

Best regards,

Franz Zotter
Matthias Franz

--