Dear colleagues & friends,

We are happy to announce Europe’s Fifth Student 3D Audio Production Competition as a satellite event of Tonmeistertagung 31 with IEM as host of the award ceremony that is scheduled between Nov 18th and 20th, 2021

Call: Students who are interested in 3D-spatialized sound and work on spatial music, spatial audio productions or recordings are invited to participate by submitting short works (4min/11min) to the fifth Student 3D Audio Production Competition.

There are three submission categories:

(1) contemporary / computer music (11min)
(2) audio drama / documentary / soundscapes (4min)
(3) music recording / studio production (4min);

The format requirements for preparing a submission and exemplary tools to check are given here https://iaem.at/ambisonics/s3dapc/2021 and of course you can get in touch if there are questions: <s3d...@iem.at>

The submission portal
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=s3dapc2021
is open until the July 15th 2021.

An international jury will assess the submissions concerning the creative and technical quality, providing feedback to all the participants of the competition. Based on the resulting ranking, the finalists will be selected for presentation at our virtual award ceremony in Nov 2021. The finalists will be notified and requested to attend the meeting to virtually receive their award, the jury’s comments, and say a few words about their submissions.

The nominated submissions will be made available via the Cat3DA player for head-tracked binaural playback on demand, and we will air a live video stream of the S3DAPC finals over the internet.
( as announced at https://tonmeistertagung.com later this year)

The S3DAPC finals with the awards ceremony will be the platform to present and celebrate the nominees and their submissions.

We encourage institutions with loudspeaker facilities and space for this celebration to organize live breakout sessions. These are connected via stereo live stream for the speech parts of the event, but local listeners enjoy 5th-order playback of the submissions on loudspeakers.

Best regards,

Franz Zotter
Matthias Franz
--