On 2021-03-05, Ralph Glasgal wrote:

Well, I think 2.0, 4.0, 5.1, etc. sources can be spatialized using Ambiophonics which is not just for audiophiles but for video sound tracks and any form of industrial surround localization.

Certainly, and I'm known to like the technique.

I'm also known to like physical acoustics, as represented by HOA and WFS. Abmbiophoics is definitely not a something else; cheaper, maybe better, but nothing going near the physical acoustical ideal.

For example, only the physioacoustical reproduction methods can ever achieve full auditory parallax. That is, at full, the possibility of walking around and jumping over a sound source, while fully perceiving it as being "there".
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - de...@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-40-3751464, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2