You could use IEM MultiEncoder and have the 30 mono audio files sent to a
30-channels aux bus (with the MultiEncoder on that bus) = 60 channels

That's the way I would do it.

Le 2021-10-19 12:00, Sursound au nom de sursound-requ...@music.vt.edu a écrit:

Today's Topics:

       1. Reaper performance issues. (Tom Slater)

    Message: 1
    Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 20:10:22 +0100
    From: Tom Slater <slater...@gmail.com>
    To: "sursound@music.vt.edu" <sursound@music.vt.edu>
    Subject: [Sursound] Reaper performance issues.

    Hi everyone,

    I wanted to get an idea of your experiences with Reaper running large (ish)
    ambisonic sessions.

    I mostly work in 3rd order ambisonic and use the Blue Ripple plug-in suite
    and Rapture 3D Advanced  for decoding.

    I?m decoding to a 25.2 channel speaker array and could have up to 40 odd
    tracks, each with a 3rd order encoder/panner on.

    When I reach about 30 tracks Reaper performs very badly - laggy response
    when moving play head around, lots of clicks and pops when muting/soloing,
    random clicks and pops when just playing the session. Sometimes if I need
    to record arm a track playback is completely glitchy.

    I understand that 30 odd tracks each with a 3rd order encoder, and decoding
    to 27 channels is a lot to ask of the computer. BUT I?m using a 14 core
    iMac Pro with 64gbs ram. The sessions are running off an external TB2 drive
    (not SSD).

    I?ve played around with buffer settings which don?t seem to make much
    difference. Also the perf monitor in Reaper and the activity monitor in OSX
    don?t show that much strain.

    Any optimisation tips greatly appreciated. Or any other similar issues with
    Reaper?

    Cheers