 Data: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 13:27:51 +0000 (UTC)

 De: Rudy Chalupa <rudo...@aol.com>

 Assunto: Re: [Sursound] Death Spiral

 Para: sursound@music.vt.edu

Hi Stefan,

The layperson's explanation: If you are flying by visual flight rules (typically a small plane with no instruments)(or you ignore your instruments) and you cannot see the horizon (clouds, night), you can get into a situation where the plane begins to bank (turn) but you don't know it (due to gravity plus centrifugal force still pulling you toward the floor). In this case the plane will spiral ever tighter and lower until it reaches the ground while you are all the while convinced you are flying straight and level.

 Hope this helps!

 Rudy ChalupaPleiades Audio + Electronics