While I would rather see a ban, *preventing a weakening* of existing
labeling standards and prevent propaganda to promote genetic engineering
doesn't really come across to me as "selling out."  If the vote in question
had been a choice between banning and labeling and she had chosen labeling,
I would agree.  But I am not aware of any bills being brought to committee
that would actually impose a ban.  (If I'm wrong, enlighten me!)  For that
lack of progress, you could blame others in the house and senate for not
having the guts to stand up to Monsanto.

Greg

--
To dither or deliver/Decent deeds don't deceive
Decide to override/Poor programming

For more information about sustainability in the Tompkins County area, please
visit:  http://www.sustainabletompkins.org/
If you have questions about this list please contact the list manager, Tom
Shelley, at t...@cornell.edu.