Free Cayuga Lake cruise/information session to share research project on
synthetic contaminants in local waterways conducted by Profs at Cornell and
Ithaca College, the Ithaca Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and others.  The
impact of pharmaceuticals, personal care products, and similar materials
entering our waterways is a growing concern on both a global and a local scale,
and one that potentially may be addressed on a community level.   We are now in
the outreach phase sharing what we learned.

The evening cruise is free and there is currently space both evenings
(5:30-7:30 pm) -  more open slots on Tues.  It leaves from the dock at the
Ithaca Farmers’ Market http://www.ithacamarket.com/.

Registration required. RSVP to floatingclassr...@gmail.com

Sharon K. Anderson
Environment Team Leader
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County
615 Willow Ave., Ithaca, NY 14850
Office:607-272-2292
Cell: 607-280-5580

For more information about sustainability in the Tompkins County area, please
visit:  http://www.sustainabletompkins.org/
If you have questions about this list please contact the list manager, Tom
Shelley, at t...@cornell.edu.