TWO great programs!

First, join us for an afternoon exploring the amazing, tiny creatures that
live under rocks in streams. We’ll use kick nets to capture a stream sample
from the creek, pull out and identify organisms, learn what they tell us
about water quality and draw pictures of what we find.

It's the last 4-H2O Biological Monitoring event of the year!

Meet us at the small pavilion at Thompson Park (the triangle park on N.
Cayuga Street across from Gimme Coffee) to sample Cascadilla Creek. We will
collect the sample and then walk to the Quaker Meeting House for sorting,
microscope peering and illustrating of the critters.

What to bring/wear: Boots or sturdy closed-toed shoes that you don't mind
getting wet. Dress for the weather.

Saturday, October 15th, 2:00 - 4:00

Questions? Email i...@communityscience.org or call 607-257-6606 and ask for
Adrianna.

Second, due to popular demand - CSI is hosting one last FLOATING CLASSROOM
in 2016!

Let us sail ho! For the 11th year running, CSI’s 4-H2O Program will be
partnering with the Floating Classroom to collect and analyze water
samples across Cayuga Lake. Participants will learn how to collect water
samples, including samples from 150′ down in the lake, and will analyze
them while on board the MV Haendel. Data collected by youth volunteers is
included in our online database.

Sunday, October 16th, 3:15 pm - 6:15 pm.

Please arrive at 3:00 p.m. (15 minutes prior to departure time).

Register for this FREE event by emailing i...@communityscience.org or
calling 607-257-6606.

PLEASE NOTE: Spots are limited and cancellations less than 72 hours prior
to departure often result in vacant seats that cannot be filled. The result
is that children who could have participated cannot.

--
Community Science Institute
Water Quality Testing Lab

For more information about sustainability in the Tompkins County area, please
visit:  http://www.sustainabletompkins.org/
If you have questions about this list please contact the list manager, Tom
Shelley, at t...@cornell.edu.