How Secure is Our Food Supply in the Face of Climate Change?
Thursday, October 13, 6-8:30 pm
at First Presbyterian Church, 315 N. Cayuga St, Ithaca NY

Free & open to all; Free dinner provided!  This community forum will start at 6
PM with an Ethiopian Dinner prepared by Addisu Gebre who is involved with the
Cooperative Extension Food Entrepreneur Network.  At 6:30 PM, keynote speaker
Mike Hoffman, Director of the Cornell Institute for Climate Smart Solutions,
will speak on the implications of climate on food production and what is likely
to change.  Evidence is all around us that it is getting warmer and that there
are more extreme precipitation events having an impact on production.  These
anticipated changes and greater variability in the weather will make it more
challenging for those who grow our food, locally to globally.  After the
presentation, the audience will be invited to brainstorm ideas for increasing
food security in our community given the climate change trends.

Please pre-register
HERE<https://docs.google.com/a/greenstar.coop/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeK4Z6BynVnT-j6ubLfhHpU9XHixWUIFahmEuYPGpqQ2ywBlw/viewform?c=0&w=1>
 so we know how many people to expect or contact Holly Payne
ho...@greenstar.coop<mailto:ho...@greenstar.coop> or (607)
229-3540<tel:%28607%29%20229-3540>
www.hotpotatopress.org<http://www.hotpotatopress.org/>
For more information, contact Monika Roth at CCE-Tompkins,
m...@cornell.edu<mailto:m...@cornell.edu> or (607)
272-2292<tel:%28607%29%20272-2292>
Feel free to "like" this event on FaceBook and invite your friends, right
here!<https://www.facebook.com/events/631876500315480/>

The event is co-sponsored by Greenstar Community Projects and Cornell
Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County.

For more information about sustainability in the Tompkins County area, please
visit:  http://www.sustainabletompkins.org/
If you have questions about this list please contact the list manager, Tom
Shelley, at t...@cornell.edu.