Hi All
​
Are you paying too much to keep a roof over your head? Want to move here
but the prices and choices prevent it? Want to build here but can't
overcome the obstacles? Do you wonder where all this traffic is coming from?

*Do you want a voice in the future of Tompkins County? If yes, the Tompkin**s
County Housing Summit is for you!*

PLEASE join <http://www.housingtompkins.com/> the Tompkins County Housing
Summit to begin the work of developing a successful approach to housing
that gives us opportunities to meet our social, health, environmental and
transportation needs.

Here's Details

[image: Inline image 1]

TOMPKINS COUNTY HOUSING SUMMIT
*Nov 30, Dec 1 ​*​ The Space @ Greenstar​ * 700 W Buffalo St​*

WHAT?A free public summit to examine the growing housing shortage in
Tompkins County, understand the impacts, and explore community-based
solutions to the problem.
 WHY?Recent housing studies all point to the same conclusion: we are facing
a housing crisis as the demand for housing outstrips the supply. Impacts
include more traffic and damage to the environment, worsening social
inequity, and decreasing quality of life.
 WHO?This event is for everyone who lives, works, studies, builds or
desires a home in Tompkins County. It’s for all who love the area and are
concerned about its future.

KICKOFF Wed Nov 30th 7:30pm
Invited speaker Christopher Coes, executive director of Smart Growth
America’s LOCUS, will share insights to help our community overcome hurdles
and identify innovative housing opportunities. Coes, joined by local
experts, will share results of recent housing studies, discuss the effects,
and outline possible solutions. Geared to a general audience, Kickoff Night
is FREE for everyone interested in joining the housing conversation and
shaping the future of our community. Free refreshments.

SUMMIT Thurs Dec 1st, 8:00am - 5:00 pm

All are invited to this FREE daylong summit, for an in-depth exploration of
the local housing shortage from all points of view, with panel discussions
and interactive activities. See examples from other communities, share
stories about your housing experience, and hear from your neighbors.
Breakfast, lunch and afternoon reception included.

REGISTER NOW!!
*Reservations required, at HousingTompkins.com <http://HousingTompkins.com>
or (607) 273-8686, ext. 221 <%28607%29%20273-8686%2C%20ext.%20221>.*

Free childcare for both events upon request.

Organizers
The Summit is presented by the Tompkins County Housing Committee, a
community group whose mission is to engage the community in housing
solutions. Tompkins County Legislator Martha Robertson is committee chair
and summit spokesperson. Reach her at (607) 274-5434,
mrobert...@tompkins-co.org, or HousingTompkins.com.

Sponsors
The Tompkins County Housing Summit is made possible by the generous
contributions of these sponsors:
The Park Foundation * Tompkins County *  Cornell University * City of
Ithaca * Tompkins County Area Development * Town of Ithaca * Tompkins
County Council of Governments

Irene Weiser
irene32...@gmail.com
Brooktondale, NY
607-539-6856

*Joy to the world*
*All the boys and girls*
*Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea*
*Joy to you and me.*

For more information about sustainability in the Tompkins County area, please
visit:  http://www.sustainabletompkins.org/
If you have questions about this list please contact the list manager, Tom
Shelley, at t...@cornell.edu.