I hope you will read, sign the pledge, listen to Beth Radow's comments and send
this on to anyone you think would like to receive it.  --- kay wagner

Subject: Be Earthwise: Preserve Our Planet...Here's How

[http://participate.lwv.org/c/8551/images/logo%20Making%20Democracy%20work.png]
[http://participate.lwv.org/c/8551/images/BeEarthwise%20png.png]
Abraham Lincoln is credited with saying “The best way to predict your future is
to create it.”  Democracy enables Americans to create our future when we vote
for our representatives on Election Day. Beyond elections, our vote can count
every day with how we spend our money and through our actions.
Do you want to make your vote count every day? The League of Women Voters has
led the environmental protection movement for decades, consistently supporting
legislation to preserve our nation’s natural resources and protect against
public health effects of climate change. Science demonstrates what's best for
the Earth is also what's best for you. Now more than ever, the League is
working to ensure that the public is educated on issues affecting the climate
and the air we breathe, the water we drink and the soil that grows our food.
In support of the League’s effort to respect the environment and address the
impacts of climate change, the League of Women Voters of NYS introduces Be
Earthwise, our new campaign to engage all Americans from every state to learn
the facts, vote with your dollars and vote with your daily actions to preserve
our planet.
Stay tuned to vote with your Be Earthwise dollars and Be Earthwise actions on
Earth Day, April 22, 2017. Thank you for making democracy work.

________________________________
The Be Earthwise Pledge
I’ll vote with my dollars. I PLEDGE to respect the environment and address the
effects of climate change when making my consumer purchases.
I’ll vote with my actions. I PLEDGE to respect the environment and the address
effects of climate change through my daily activities.
I’ll participate in our democracy. I PLEDGE to take action as a citizen to help
shape public policy that respects the environment and addresses the effects of
climate change.
Click Here to Take the Be Earthwise
Pledge<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fparticipate.lwv.org%2Fc%2F8551%2Fp%2Fdia%2Faction3%2Fcommon%2Fpublic%2F%3Faction_KEY%3D12734>
________________________________
[http://participate.lwv.org/c/8551/images/LWVNYS_blu.jpg]League of Women Voters
of New York
State<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Flwvny.org%2F>
62 Grand Street Albany NY 12207
(518) 465-4165
lw...@lwvny.org<mailto:lw...@lwvny.org>
Twitter:
@LWVNYS<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=3&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FLWVNYS>
Facebook: League of Women Voters
NYS<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=4&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FLWVNYS%2F>

For more information about sustainability in the Tompkins County area, please
visit:  http://www.sustainabletompkins.org/
If you have questions about this list please contact the list manager, Tom
Shelley, at t...@cornell.edu.