Yes, it’s just the methane that’s been eliminated. But still cause for some
celebration. Those who have worked so hard deserve it.
ms

> On May 11, 2017, at 7:55 AM, Regi Teasley <rltcay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Good news.  However, as I read the story, they still plan to transport and
> store propane.
> Am I missing something?
>
> Regi
> "Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything,
> you will perceive the divine mystery in things."  Dostoyevsky.
>

> On May 10, 2017, at 10:06 PM, Maura Stephens <maurastephe...@gmail.com
> <mailto:maurastephe...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> Congratulations to everyone who’s worked so hard for so long to fight this
>> insane scheme. Now to stop ALL fossil fuel storage (and distribution, etc.)
>> in NYS. Still, great cause for celebration! You deserve it!
>>
>>> Begin forwarded message:
>>>
>>> From: Jeremy Alderson <ra...@lightlink.com <mailto:ra...@lightlink.com>>
>>> Subject: NFA News #11 (WE WON!!!!)
>>> Date: May 10, 2017 at 4:44:13 PM EDT
>>> To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
>>>
>>> It's all over!  Crestwood has announced that they are withdrawing their
>>> permit application for expanded “natural” gas storage on Seneca Lake. ((LPG
>>> storage is still up in the air.) Yes, there could be a catch, but right now
>>> it looks like, well, we've won!!!!
>>>
>>> I hope this fight will be an inspiration to others around the country.  No
>>> doubt, much will be written about it (one book is already in the works, I'm
>>> told).  And as always happens after a war, the generals will grumble over
>>> who did or didn't do what, but for now, let us just acknowledge our
>>> comrades in this fight, even if we would otherwise be at each other's
>>> throats.  There are too many people who deserve credit to name them all,
>>> but I will name a few.
>>>
>>> Gas Free Seneca helped raise the alarm, lobbied Albany, got the legal team
>>> at Earthjustice involved and built up an anti-Crestwood consensus among
>>> regional lawmakers.
>>>
>>> Peter Mantius and Michael Fitzgerald were steadfast in reporting on this
>>> issue and bringing new facts to light.
>>>
>>> The Seneca Pure Waters Association, with attorney Rachel Treicler, were
>>> also involved in the legal proceedings, keeping Crestwood's feet to the
>>> fire.
>>>
>>> We Are Seneca Lake (WASL) orchestrated the arrests of over 600 people all
>>> of whom get credit for putting themselves on the line in defense of our
>>> beautiful area.  Their cases, ably defended by volunteer attorney Sujata
>>> Gibson, still haven't finished winding their way through the courts.
>>>
>>> My now retired volunteer attorney, Jerry Kinchy, was the first lawyer to
>>> step forward and help us in court.  He is an unsung hero of this movement
>>> and deserves a lot more recognition than he has gotten.
>>>
>>> The Finger Lakes Wineries, both individually and through their association,
>>> went way out further on a limb than businesses ordinarily go in order to
>>> back this movement.
>>>
>>> Maura Stephens, Spike Jones, Jack Ossont and many others at the Coalition
> [...]

For more information about sustainability in the Tompkins County area, please
visit:  http://www.sustainabletompkins.org/
If you have questions about this list please contact the list manager, Tom
Shelley, at t...@cornell.edu.