____________________________________
 Subj: SPRING ISSUE OF UTNE READER ARTICLE BY FRACTIVIST & LAKE DEFENDER
LOUISE BLUM

This issue of UTNE READER will be on the stands until  June 19. Louise
Blum's article is entitled 'Faith on the Front Lines".  She states: "What
sustains me here on this blockade is not religion but  collective action--a
faith
not in the idea of heaven but in the immediacy  of Earth." The article is
reprinted from the book Fracture Essays,  Poems and Stories on Fracking In
America (Ice Cube Press, 2016) _www.icecubepress.com_
(http://www.icecubepress.com/) .

For ease of locating the magazine, this issue of UTNE features a
caricature drawing of The Donald on the cover.

It contains other excellent articles including "Drowning The World In  Oil:
Trump's Carbon-obsessed Energy Policy and the Planetary Nightmare To  Come"
by Michael T. Klare from TomDispatch; "Nations  Rising-Across North
America, Indigenous Peoples are Pushing for a Renewable  Energy Future" by Ron
Johnson from Earth Island Journal,  and "Women Mayors Lead The Charge on
Climate
Change" (worldwide)  by Andrea Cooper, special to Utne Reader.  There are
number of other articles in the magazine as well including another one
featuring The Donald.

The magazine costs $9.99. I got it at WEGMANS in Ithaca.

Jeanne

For more information about sustainability in the Tompkins County area, please
visit:  http://www.sustainabletompkins.org/
If you have questions about this list please contact the list manager, Tom
Shelley, at t...@cornell.edu.