SEWING & FASHION CAMPS: SewGreen offers seven weeks of summer sewing and
fashion camps for young people age 8 to 11, and 11 to 13. Kids learn or review
how to use a sewing machine, and sew a variety of satisfying projects. Camp
descriptions can be found at
www.sewgreen.org/our-classes<http://www.sewgreen.org/our-classes> or at the
SewGreen store. One week of camp, August 14-18, is full. All the others still
have openings. Our maximum camp size is 9, and the environment is very warm and
welcoming. Everyone has fun; everyone succeeds.

DISCOUNTS: Former SewGreen campers or students who have learned to sew at
SewGreen can get a 20% discount on request.

SCHOLARSHIPS: We offer full and partial scholarships for children from
lower-income families, foster children, and families living in public or
subsidized housing. Kids who have learned to sew at the SewGreen/BJM A-Plus
after-school program get an automatic 50% off the camp fee and can apply for a
full scholarship.

OPEN TO ALL: We love to share our camp experience with kids from all
nationalities, religions, ethnicities, gender-identities, multicultural
backgrounds etc. Our teen camp counselors are a diverse group referred to us
from the Ithaca Youth Bureau's YES program. The teaching team reflects the wide
range of diversity among the campers.

BILINGUAL FRIDAYS: We are piloting two "Sewing in Spanish/Costura en Espanol"
camp days on August 4 and August 18 for campers in any SewGreen camp.

Contact us for more information. Thanks! Gracias!

Wendy Skinner, Director
SewGreen
112 N Cayuga St, Ithaca NY 14850
607-319-4106    www.sewgreen.org

For more information about sustainability in the Tompkins County area, please
visit:  http://www.sustainabletompkins.org/
If you have questions about this list please contact the list manager, Tom
Shelley, at t...@cornell.edu.