I posted this yesterday to the ST list using a smaller version of the
image.  Did it not go through?  At my end, it seemed to post...

--------------------------------------
Gay Nicholson, Ph.D.
President
Sustainable Tompkins
309 N. Aurora St.
Ithaca, NY 14850
www.sustainabletompkins.org
607-533-7312 (home office)
607-220-8991 (cell)
607-272-1720 (ST office)

g...@sustainabletompkins.org

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Cait Darfler <ckdarf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is a smaller version of the image. I hope it comes through.[image:
> cargill_lansing_mine_2017_aerial_small.jpg]
>

> On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 10:57 AM Tony Del Plato <tonydelpl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> PLEASE NOTE: THE MAP OF CARGILL PLANS DELETED DUE TO FORMATTING & SIZE
>> CONCERNS
>> Tony
>>

>>> To *All* who enjoy living around Cayuga Lake,
>>>
>>>  In 1994, the largest salt mine in the United States - the Retsof Mine
>>> outside Geneseo - collapsed, flooded and permanently closed, after damaging
>>> a freshwater aquifer, drying drinking wells, creating sinkholes, destroying
>>> roads, and releasing methane and natural gas. This occurred 67 miles from
>>> Cayuga Lake. What if the salt mine under 22% of Cayuga Lake had a similar
>>> failure? Our lake is ALREADY severely impacted with contaminants and
>>> invasive species, and there are big businesses who continue to put our most
>>> precious resource, our lake, at risk.
>>>

>>> We write to you today with a request to pick up the phone or send a
>>> letter. The aim is to bring transparency and environmental review to the
>>> expanding salt mine beneath our Cayuga Lake. We need the Governor and the
>>> DEC to know we care about this lake and want to protect it.
>>>

>>> Any day NY DEC could issue a permit to allow Cargill to drill a new
>>> shaft to access the northern reaches of their mine (in Lansing, across from
>>> Taughannock Park). This proposed shaft project urgently needs a substantive
>>> and unbiased environmental review * before* being issued a permit.
>>>
>>> Here’s our request of you who enjoy Cayuga Lake and want it available
>>> for the future.
>>>

>>> 1.     *Call* Governor Cuomo: *518-474-8390 <(518)%20474-8390> (press 2
>>> after the recorded message to get a live person)*
>>>
>>> After you’ve called, *email* him here: http://governor.ny.gov/
>>> contact/GovernorContactForm.php
>>>

>>>                   *AND*
>>>

>>> 2.   If you have energy, *call* NYS DEC Commissioner, Basil Seggos at*
>>> 1-518- 402-8545 <(518)%20402-8545> *
>>>
>>> After you’ve called, *email* him: basil.seg...@dec.ny.gov
>>>

>>>                   *LASTLY*
>>>

>>> 3.     Please *track* that you’ve made contact here: Tracking form link
>>> <https://goo.gl/forms/n4AP1QZyN6UkurKJ2>
>>>

>>> *What do we want the Governor and the DEC to do regarding Cargill’s
>>> Application?  *
>>>

>>> *Here are your requests!*
>>>

>>>    - *Require* a DEIS (Draft Environmental Impact Statement) for both
>>>    parts of the Shaft 4 project: a 2,500-ft deep shaft and a one-mile tunnel
>>>    to connect the shaft to the mine
>>>

>>>    - *DELAY* the permit for Shaft #4, at least until an adequate DEIS
>>>    has been completed
>>>

>>>    - Complete *public meetings* on these projects in all communities
>>>    that could potentially be affected by impacts to Cayuga Lake:  Ithaca,
>>>    Lansing, Genoa, Ledyard, Aurora, Cayuga, Springport, Union Springs,
>>>    Aurelius, Montezuma, Ulysses, Covert, Sheldrake, Canoga, and Seneca Falls

> [...]

For more information about sustainability in the Tompkins County area, please
visit:  http://www.sustainabletompkins.org/
If you have questions about this list please contact the list manager, Tom
Shelley, at t...@cornell.edu.