---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Organic Consumers Association <ronniecumm...@organicconsumers.org>
Date: Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 12:41 PM
Subject: July 7: A Big Day for Monsanto Activists
To: tonydelpl...@gmail.com

[image:
Email the OCA]
<?subject=Celebrate!&body=https://www.organicconsumers.org/newsletter/organic-bytes-554-july-7-big-day-monsanto-activists/celebrate>
TOP NEWS OF THE WEEK Celebrate!
[image: WIN scrabble tiles]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=2cNNLLuen2QoB49N57mUGJYOy%2FNzUvCY>

On July 7 (2017), California will add
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8PA0UzdFId1RZBjIfK86Y5YOy%2FNzUvCY>
glyphosate, the key ingredient in Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide, to the
state’s list of chemicals and substances known to cause cancer.

Before we dive into the weeds in terms of what the listing does and doesn’t
mean, and may or may not lead to, let’s take a moment to recognize that
this is a landmark decision in the ongoing battle against Monsanto’s
flagship weedkiller.

Every activist who has engaged in this fight deserves to take a moment to
bask in this victory.

*It’s not everything we need, or everything we want—but California’s
decision, upheld
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=n3BGqjf3OlDA3Q9WQm5hTZYOy%2FNzUvCY>
by the courts, represents a major step forward in a decades-long fight to
expose the truth about Roundup and protect the public from its
cancer-causing effects.*

The full impact of the decision remains to be seen. How much glyphosate
will need to be present before a product is required to carry a warning?
How many foods will exceed the glyphosate residue limits set by
California’s Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA)?

*Will Monsanto find a way to keep those warnings off all labels? Including
foods and weedkillers?*

Time will tell. And activists will need to remain vigilant.

*But today, it’s celebration time.*

*Read OCA’s blog post: 'California to Warn Consumers About Monsanto’s
Glyphosate—But How Much and How Soon?'
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=u%2BdmOF2Krxgb22Ez7hHMrpYOy%2FNzUvCY>
*
[image: Share on Facebook]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=d6t4vgjsZKasBnx5ZBfTGJYOy%2FNzUvCY>
[image:
Share on Twitter]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3VPMFvVNi%2FKHwoD9l8nU%2FpYOy%2FNzUvCY>
[image:
Email the OCA]
<?subject=Round+It+Up!&body=https://www.organicconsumers.org/newsletter/organic-bytes-554-july-7-big-day-monsanto-activists/round-it>
ACTION ALERT Round It Up!
[image: Cowboy silhouette with a lasso rounding up Roundup]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=fJlQm8FMwAZMTZxiGRaGWpYOy%2FNzUvCY>

What better way to celebrate California's addition of glyphosate to its
Prop 65 listing
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=V4areVFLcl6begySgflhgJYOy%2FNzUvCY>of
chemicals "known to cause cancer" than to get rid of Roundup in your own
community.

Moms Across America chose to designate July 7 as National Return Roundup
Day. The idea was triggered in part by Linda Mulligan, a New Hampshire high
school teacher who teaches
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=84hq1BBqY7kWwBJrejEHaJYOy%2FNzUvCY>
a "Random Act of Kindness" class. Students are required to come up with a
random act of kindness for each day of the week. On one of those days, the
students went into barns and garages, gathered up containers of Monsanto's
Roundup herbicide, and took them back to their local hardware stores.

*National Return Roundup Day is a great idea—but why limit it to one day?
And why stop there? There are countless ways to #ResistGlyphosate,
beginning in your own community. Here's how to get started:*

   1. *Join

<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=t60fErFLG5szt5UUMpd0RZYOy%2FNzUvCY>a
   local #Resist & #Regenerate Meetup,* or start a new one,

<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8CgORE0FMARc3mV6h2J3vpYOy%2FNzUvCY>
   to connect with neighbors interested in starting a local #ResistGlyphosate
   action team.
   2. *Roundup the Roundup!* Start with Roundup containers in your own
   garage. Return them to your local retailer. While you're at it, round up
   any unused and/or open containers of other lawncare poisons, including
   neonicotinoids and 2,4-D.
   3. *Boycott

<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=PmWuu%2BDy4GO5UZPpmtHUoJYOy%2FNzUvCY>all
   Scotts Miracle-Gro products*, even the organic ones. Scotts is the
   exclusive distributor of Roundup to retail stores in North America, most of
   Europe and parts of Latin America.
   4. *Download this leaflet

<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DdWhM5%2FL%2BvyZvOvW73TF2JYOy%2FNzUvCY>
   *and take it to your local retailers. Ask them to stop selling Roundup.
   Who sells Roundup to consumers? Amazon, Costco, Home Deop, Lowe's, Walmart,
   Ace True Value, some grocery chains, and local independent hardware stores.
   5. *Ask your Park and School Boards* to stop using Roundup and other
   chemicals.

*Need suggestions? Inspiration? Resources? Try these:*

   - Watch this webinar

<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=cts%2FxCWgt2uNeqzWF6xMvpYOy%2FNzUvCY>,
   from the Institute for Responsible Technology, on how to organize in your
   community to resist pesticides.
   - Check out the Beyond Pesticides map of communities

<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=RGMsDHa0Kz%2BFhmTC4jwR7Bi0t%2FiNvC5U>
   that have banned pesticides for model legislation and helpful tips.
   - Download Beyond Pesticides' resource guide

<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=okjdARPAqq6sB4Chz9EuSZYOy%2FNzUvCY>for
   organizers.

*Getting warning labels on Roundup sold in California is a great step in
the right direction. What's even better? Getting Roundup out of retail
stores, and out of our communities, including parks and playgrounds. *

We can do it, if we organize. Just ask Kathleen Hallal, California
activist, mom, and founder of Non Toxic Irvine. Hallal and other concerned
citizens convinced Irvine, Calif. city council to adopt an "organics-first
policy" to control weeds and pests. *Read Hallal's inspiring story
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=5iQPERAY7iUK%2BMjqx8aG3pYOy%2FNzUvCY>—then
write your own!*

*TAKE ACTION: Tell Amazon, Costco, Home Depot and Walmart: Stop Selling
Monsanto’s Roundup!
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=N732mATY5knIJvP6i6fBsZYOy%2FNzUvCY>
*

*TAKE ACTION: Tell Scotts Miracle Gro You're Boycotting all Miracle Gro
products until Scotts stops distributing Roundup!*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=K1jfFdnoOhSrqr9Vzm8nLxi0t%2FiNvC5U>

*Watch the ‘Return Roundup Day!’ video*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=eEEHsooPNv%2BJiCNTSop%2F45YOy%2FNzUvCY>

*Download the ‘Get Roundup Out of Retail’ leaflet
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=WhffxypFzIW%2BwLDdK0fo8JYOy%2FNzUvCY>*
[image: Share on Facebook]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=lmMkzHg6%2BOG49m506ofzKZYOy%2FNzUvCY>
[image:
Share on Twitter]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=R3Z%2F%2FRVaagxrWOxN56%2BBZ5YOy%2FNzUvCY>
[image:
Email the OCA]
<?subject=Do+Not+Pass+Go&body=https://www.organicconsumers.org/newsletter/organic-bytes-554-july-7-big-day-monsanto-activists/do-not-pass-go>
IN OTHER NEWS Do Not Pass Go
[image: Two eggs in jail]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=lEdEFAbaIZQLArIbGuCmE5YOy%2FNzUvCY>

"Given the defendants' careless oversight and repeated violations of safety
standards, there is an increased likelihood that these offenses, or
offenses like these, could happen again. The punishment will also serve to
effectively deter against the marketing of unsafe foods and widespread harm
to public health by similarly situated corporate officials and other
executives in the industry." - U.S. District Judge Mark Bennett, upon
sentencing Jack and Peter DeCoster, owners of Quality Egg, for causing a
lethal salmonella outbreak

A couple of rotten eggs finally got their due. Well, sort of.

*Martha Rosenberg reports on how after 33 years of labor, environmental,
immigration, animal rights and food safety violations, two rotten eggs—Jack
and Peter DeCoster—were finally ordered to jail for their role in a 2010
outbreak of salmonella poisoning.* The reckoning was a long time coming,
considering that as far back as 1982, at least one person had died from
salmonella-infected eggs sold by the DeCoster-owned Quality Egg company.
And in 1987, nine people died after eating DeCoster eggs, and 500 were
sickened.

*The DeCosters were each sentenced to three months in jail.* Predictably,
industry groups like National Association of Manufacturers and the
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (whose products are
central to factory farming) called the sentences “unfair”—even though *the
DeCosters** admitted that Quality Egg workers knowingly shipped eggs with
false processing and expiration dates to fool state regulators and retail
customers about their age and bribed a U.S. Department of Agriculture
inspector at least twice to approve sales of poor-quality eggs.*

This whole sordid mess reminds us of why we are committed to bringing down
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=c7vSH04q9FRmNII3hQa5hZYOy%2FNzUvCY>
factory farms, promoting alternatives (like regenerative poultry systems
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=2p6lBf65rYWCgVNUEMCLRJYOy%2FNzUvCY>)
and keeping the purveyors of “organic” and “pasture-raised” eggs honest
(see our lawsuit
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8lL42FgzjG0V1cxGfGrGp5YOy%2FNzUvCY>
against Handsome Brook Farms).

*Read ‘Rotten Eggs Jack and Peter DeCoster Headed to Jail—Finally’*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=EAHy7yA%2FSOjiodN%2F0VZAwJYOy%2FNzUvCY>
[image: Share on Facebook]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=qSrfNXcFPhlIMqWCbZchlJYOy%2FNzUvCY>
[image:
Share on Twitter]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=VwmHfdiqxfrtB4v5qXpRUhi0t%2FiNvC5U>
[image:
Email the OCA]
<?subject=Stayin'+Alive&body=https://www.organicconsumers.org/newsletter/organic-bytes-554-july-7-big-day-monsanto-activists/stayin-alive>
SUPPORT THE OCA & OCF Stayin' Alive
[image: Silhouette doing disco]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Zn7eD46Tzhm2F8JkeEXuTZYOy%2FNzUvCY>

Between 2012-2016, Monsanto and Big Food spent several hundred million
dollars to keep labels off foods that contain GMOs. Industry’s biggest
victory was the preemption of Vermont’s GMO labeling law with a bogus
federal law that will result in exactly what they wanted: no labels.

Financially, the grassroots labeling and anti-GMO movement couldn’t compete.

*But we are still very much alive.*

So alive, in fact, that Monsanto is facing hundreds of lawsuits for failing
to warn people that its Roundup herbicide causes non-Hodgkins lymphoma, and
several lawsuits demanding label changes on Roundup sold to consumers.

So alive, that an international tribunal publicly condemned Monsanto’s
actions, paving the way for legal action on a global scale.

So alive, that California says the state will require Monsanto to place
warning labels on anything, including herbicides and food, that contain
glyphosate.

*As the saying goes, we may not get everything we work for—but we’ll work
for everything we get.*

Monsanto’s commodity crops prop up a filthy, inhumane factory farm industry.

Monsanto’s poisons pollute and kill, the environment and the people who
come in contact with them.

*Increasingly, as those poisons invade our food, degrade our soils and seep
into our drinking water supplies, we are all exposed—which just makes us
all the more determined to rid the world of Roundup and Roundup-Ready
crops.*

Your generous support helps keep the fight alive. Thank you.

*Donate to the Organic Consumers Association
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=KYzbLUQEn34yOTyQbGBHRZYOy%2FNzUvCY>
(tax-deductible, helps support our work on behalf of organic standards,
fair trade and public education)*

*Donate to Organic Consumers Fund
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=MolnZcY%2Bylobq8yO4E%2Fl4ZYOy%2FNzUvCY>
(non-tax-deductible, but necessary for our legislative efforts)*

*Support OCA's Regeneration International Project
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=w%2FMQxfiwXtd%2FXNt0HaoBXJYOy%2FNzUvCY>
(tax-deductible, helps support our work on behalf of organic, regenerative
agriculture and climate change)*
[image: Share on Facebook]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Z9N5PZbSw04OqO8joE6rCpYOy%2FNzUvCY>
[image:
Share on Twitter]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ftq6JIODRI97SLOfbEivm5YOy%2FNzUvCY>
[image:
Email the OCA]
<?subject=It's+Unanimous&body=https://www.organicconsumers.org/newsletter/organic-bytes-554-july-7-big-day-monsanto-activists/its-unanimous>
VIDEO OF THE WEEK It's Unanimous
[image: RI's Oliver Gardner, reports from the Desertif'actions
International Summit on Land and Climate in Strasbourg, France.]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=9V8upBr7IczYQ0VlddgISJYOy%2FNzUvCY>

Regeneration. What does it mean?

Chemical-free. No monocultures. Empowering women and indigenous farmers. No
chemicals. Plant trees to nourish the soil. Use organic manure. And . . .
no chemicals!

*Last month, Regeneration International’s roving reporter, Oliver Gardner,
reported from the Desertif'actions
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=0ur4hI3dDgFtC6JTEsqPIxi0t%2FiNvC5U>
International Summit on Land and Climate in Strasbourg, France. Oliver
asked farmers from around the world what the term “regeneration” means to
them.*

The most oft-repeated phrase? “No chemicals.”

*Oliver also recently attended the 5th Plenary of the U.N. Food &
Agriculture Association’s Global Soil Partnership in Rome, Italy, where he
interviewed scientists and farmers about the latest soil health
initiatives.*

*Watch Oliver’s interview with farmers
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ZKHi2aHkAxtFjNl6yvKIxJYOy%2FNzUvCY>*

*Watch more of Oliver’s Desertif'actions interviews
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=rWMbuN7Aj7tn2jPAleqnJ5YOy%2FNzUvCY>
*

*Watch more RI interviews
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Qf%2B0maRzXuzO9a%2FJdCP9wpYOy%2FNzUvCY>
*

*Follow RI on Facebook*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2B895u7ZO1n0ZulYm4%2FYQe5YOy%2FNzUvCY>

*Follow RI on Twitter*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ldaPtj%2BMPjD%2FDsfXDt6UrJYOy%2FNzUvCY>

*Subscribe to RI’s YouTube Channel*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=riVdJzNcZ93RNUILGsTuA5YOy%2FNzUvCY>

*Subscribe to RI’s monthly newsletter
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=BDE4z4n4JhLVKpWTV4YUmZYOy%2FNzUvCY>
*

*Support OCA's Regeneration International Project
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=4E0srVeAfPoIIwsQPFkebpYOy%2FNzUvCY>
(tax-deductible, helps support our work on behalf of organic, regenerative
agriculture and climate change)*
[image: Share on Facebook]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=hMK0EPqItTzKBvfJWN8om5YOy%2FNzUvCY>
[image:
Share on Twitter]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=L1GwusJ8NIaVs2ezPK0Re5YOy%2FNzUvCY>
[image:
Email the OCA]
<?subject=Final+Nail?&body=https://www.organicconsumers.org/newsletter/organic-bytes-554-july-7-big-day-monsanto-activists/final-nail>
NEW STUDY Final Nail?
[image: A hammer pounding in a nail]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=sFyz6frFUDllUeSs6RRXvpYOy%2FNzUvCY>

What happened when the two biggest makers of bee-killing pesticides
commissioned a $3.5-million study on the impact of neonicotinoid pesticides
on bees?

*The scientists concluded that neonics do indeed harm bee populations. The
companies (Bayer CropScience and Syngenta) that funded the largest ever
field trial of its kind turned around and called the conclusions “unfair.”*

Bee researcher David Goulson told Sustainable Pulse that despite industry’s
reaction to the results, he had to give them a “10 out of 10 for effort:”

“The study is well designed, well replicated, well funded—ironically by
industry who won’t be best pleased. But the results tally with what has
gone before. It’s reached a point where it’s just not plausible to keep
denying these things harm bees in realistic studies. I’d say it’s the final
nail in the coffin.”

The study specifically found that exposure to neonicotinoids reduces
honeybees’ ability to survive their winter hibernation, say researchers.

*France is moving forward with a countrywide ban
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=JVR0a9DXSkD%2FVFD6XAR%2FepYOy%2FNzUvCY>
on neonics, effective 2018. While here in the good old United Corporations
of America, the pesticide lobby still rules.*

*Read the Sustainable Pulse’s report on the study*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=jCh4WBzqeuG46tMsoyqfS5YOy%2FNzUvCY>

*Download the study published in Science magazine*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=vbQu27zi78Oqid%2F9CwSGY5YOy%2FNzUvCY>
[image: Share on Facebook]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=qSrfNXcFPhmHGnyIDVT9gpYOy%2FNzUvCY>
[image:
Share on Twitter]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8OTCv94LfpPbGhBHYzNUiJYOy%2FNzUvCY>
[image:
Email the OCA]
<?subject=Travel+Time!&body=https://www.organicconsumers.org/newsletter/organic-bytes-554-july-7-big-day-monsanto-activists/travel-time>
ECO TOUR Travel Time!
[image: Two women holding vegetables at the Via Organica Farm]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3VPMFvVNi%2FJHqrvrKCMIEpYOy%2FNzUvCY>

Join fellow adventurers, nature-enthusiasts, gardeners and organic
activists for an 8-day eco-tour in the central highlands of Mexico. Stay at
Vía Orgánica’s educational farm, where you’ll learn about the latest in
organic regenerative farming and ranching. (Vía Orgánica is a project
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=nDMfTSBt6kFdB%2B6az7X6q5YOy%2FNzUvCY>
of OCA).

*The Vía Orgánica eco tours also include tours to San Miguel de Allende and
other World Heritage sites, trail rides and nature walks, horseback riding,
and organic farming and cooking workshops*. It’s the perfect combination of
international travel, adventure and learning.

Our next two eco tours are planned around these two cultural events:

*Day of the Dead Tour (October 30- November 5, 2017): $1,250 / person.
*Experience
the cultural phenomenon of Día de los Muertos —Day of the Dead— one of
Mexico’s most important cultural events, a traditional celebration in which
the living remember and honor their departed relatives with festivals and
lively celebrations.

*Monarch Butterfly Tour (February 15-22, 2018): $1,500 / person. *Witness
the astounding natural phenomenon of the annual migration of the Monarch
Butterfly, one of the great spectacles of Mexico’s central highlands! We’ll
go on a 3-day trip to the state of Michoacán to visit a Monarch Butterfly
Sanctuary, located within Mexico’s Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve.

*Download a registration form: *PDF
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ZioXeksMa7rWM0INYstCaZYOy%2FNzUvCY>*
/ *Word
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=54Pm2SJ4MS9Rr6m%2F1nYr95YOy%2FNzUvCY>

*Questions? Email *t...@organicconsumers.org

Learn more
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=OzppdLMwvLH2N%2F%2BltlScX5YOy%2FNzUvCY>
[image: Share on Facebook]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=LVs5%2Fq%2BNkpkkExmwhVzSJZYOy%2FNzUvCY>
[image:
Share on Twitter]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=bU4X9AFPgcs6rtdvP%2Fv0qJYOy%2FNzUvCY>
[image:
Email the OCA]
<?subject=Essential+Reading+for+the+Week&body=https://www.organicconsumers.org/newsletter/organic-bytes-554-july-7-big-day-monsanto-activists/essential-reading-week>
LITTLE BYTES Essential Reading for the Week
[image: Little Bytes]
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=H1Hbbu%2FYBpBqc2e3THXSlpYOy%2FNzUvCY>

*If You Eat French Fries or Potato Chips, This Will Stop You*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=f13JT4SIL%2BB294F1yIozaBi0t%2FiNvC5U>

*If Ben & Jerry's Is Progressive, Why Won't It Protect Its Farmworkers?
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2FPe1EWkx2a1GEwNDXcyMAJYOy%2FNzUvCY>*

*Critical Vaccine Studies: 400 Important Scientific Papers Parents and
Pediatricians Need To Be Aware Of*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Nuzn9tY4BJYc2CFcit6JG5YOy%2FNzUvCY>

*If You Want to Understand Donald Trump, Pay Attention to What He Eats*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=dHw%2F82UJQLZIKOufrnjSW5YOy%2FNzUvCY>

*Meet the Activists with a Plan to Make Climate Change Matter in Elections*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7HxOXHSHRsUQEDnqMwOgslPaLGNGb4Lu>

*U.S. Organizations File Complaint Against Sanderson Farms Over Use of
‘100% Natural’ in Advertising*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=o2n%2BqKNWrQrcoK4%2BSJKrzJYOy%2FNzUvCY>

*EPA Chief Scott Pruitt Met with Dow CEO Just Before Killing Effort to Ban
Toxic Pesticide
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Ae4glPUj6WBfYGWbcXLGoJYOy%2FNzUvCY>*
 follow on Twitter
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=wrZO%2FAStAeP17fYbTezRcZYOy%2FNzUvCY>
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=yCtQwzb3v%2BY3i9VPMvgd7JYOy%2FNzUvCY>
| OCA on Pinterest
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=JW10RsDXe4CRfVMS07m2e5YOy%2FNzUvCY>

Please forward this publication to family and friends, place it on web
sites,
print it, duplicate it and post it freely. Knowledge is power!

*Organic Bytes* is a publication of Organic Consumers Association
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=xzGmmpYU9hcQjP8H0MjJL5YOy%2FNzUvCY>

6771 South Silver Hill Drive - Finland, MN 55603 - Phone: 218-226-4164
<(218)%20226-4164> - Fax: 218-353-7652 <(218)%20353-7652>

You are subscribed as:
tonydelpl...@gmail.com

Click here to *Unsubscribe*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=zqktX4PKmlX3iVh6z02HBpYOy%2FNzUvCY>

[image: empowered by Salsa] <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email>

--
“Someone needs to explain to me why wanting clean drinking water makes you
an activist – and why proposing to destroy water with chemical warfare

For more information about sustainability in the Tompkins County area, please
visit:  http://www.sustainabletompkins.org/
If you have questions about this list please contact the list manager, Tom
Shelley, at t...@cornell.edu.