Dear Sustainable Tompkins friends,

Local playwright George Sapio’s latest drama, The Final Word, will have a
staged reading Friday and Saturday, August 4 and 5, 7:30 p.m. at Lifelong, 119
West Court Street, Ithaca.

The play revolves around a university trustee’s explosive reaction to a
student’s essay. It involves such timely issues as university politics, free
speech and its suppression, student rights, labor relations, and integrity.

This is a great opportunity to see a brand-new play fresh from a brief workshop
process, directed by Wells College theatre arts professor Siouxsie Easter and
featuring some of our region’s most talented actors. (Full disclosure: I’m one
of them.)

Listing on Ithaca Events Calendar here
<http://events.visitithaca.com/event/the_final_word_by_george_sapio#.WXtoBYqQxm8>.

Facebook event page here <https://www.facebook.com/events/1275132005917512/>.

More about the playwright here <http://wolfsmouth.wixsite.com/gsapio>.

Please join Bad Dog Productions for a most memorable evening of theatre during
this Ithaca summer, which has been full of rich theatrical, musical, and
artistic offerings! How fortunate we are to live in such a place, where human
services, plentiful arts, sustainability activism, and caring for each other
lighten a lot of loads.

Hope to see you there! Please say hi if you come.

Maura

Maura Stephens
Bad Dog Productions
<https://wolfsmouth.wixsite.com/baddogprod/current-production> volunteer
Independent <http://www.maurastephens.com/> journalist, writer, teacher,
researcher, theatre artist, etc.
Ithaca Fringe Festival <http://georgesapio.wixsite.com/ithacafringe> board
member
Wolf’s Mouth Theatre Company <http://wolfsmouth.wixsite.com/wolfsmouth> member
607-589-7302 office/voice
607-351-3766 mobile/text

For more information about sustainability in the Tompkins County area, please
visit:  http://www.sustainabletompkins.org/
If you have questions about this list please contact the list manager, Tom
Shelley, at t...@cornell.edu.