From: a mzo [mailto:mzold...@gmail.com]

Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 7:48 AM
To: SUSTAINABLE_TOMPKINS-L; NWAEG-L
Cc: mzold...@gmail.com; Bryan Leonard Isacks
Subject: Advice on Emerald Ash Borer please.

We are seeking advice on treatment of EAB for an old, very large Ash tree in
our South Hill, City of Ithaca yard.

We've been advised to have a local tree company apply Basl Bark Spray on lowest
four feet of Ash tree.  The  name of the pesticide is Salwi 2056 Diactefuran.

http://www.emeraldashborer.info/documents/Multistate_EAB_Insecticide_Fact_Sheet.pdf

Insecticide Options for Protecting Ash Trees from Emerald
...<http://www.emeraldashborer.info/documents/Multistate_EAB_Insecticide_Fact_Sheet.pdf>
www.emeraldashborer.info
Insecticide Options for Protecting Ash Trees from Emerald Ash Borer Daniel A.
Herms, Deborah G. McCullough, David R. Smitley, Clifford S. Sadof,

Previously we had injections done in the tree as a preventive.

We see no signs of EAB.

The local tree company recommends the spray be applied this week.

If not done immediately they said it should be done in Spring.

We welcome advice re this spray and/or this spray technique.

What do you think about this compound?

.

What do you think about  this spray technique in lieu of the injections?

If you recommend the spray, what is the last effective date for spraying this
Summer?

Is there someone else you suggest we check in with on this spray technique
and/or this pesticide?

Any additional advice much appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Regards,