Do you have an idea for a project to make our community more sustainable,
resilient, or inclusive? Need a little help in covering the
costs? Sustainable Tompkins is accepting applications for our spring round
of Neighborhood Mini-Grants. Applications are due March 1.

The Sustainable Tompkins Neighborhood Mini-Grant program
<https://sustainabletompkins.org/programs/neighborhood-mini-grant-program/>
provides
support for initiatives promoting environmental sustainability, equity, and
environmental, economic, and social justice in Tompkins County.

Grants range from $150-$750 and have been awarded to diverse entities for
locally-based initiatives sustainable food systems, alternative
transportation, waste reduction/reuse, energy conservation/fossil fuel use
reduction, and environmental education, and addressing social and economic
inequality. Proposals are reviewed quarterly by a team of community
members. The program is sponsored by the Park Foundation, Beck Equipment,
Natural Investments, Finger Lakes Wealth Management, Craig Riecke, and
local donors.

Individuals, organizations, and neighborhood groups are welcome to apply,
as are local microbusinesses seeking to green their operations or extend
their products or services to low-income clientele.

Successful initiatives supported by Neighborhood Mini-Grants in 2016 and
2017 include textile-making courses and workshops at Luna Fiber Studio,
creation of a pop-up farmers' market in Freeville, establishment of the
Finger Lakes Toy Library as a lending collection of
environmentally-friendly toys, and the 2017 Farm to Plate Conference run by
the Groundswell Center for Local Food and Farming.

Applications are due *on or before **March 1, 2018*. To request an
application form, or if you have questions, please contact me at
sa...@sustainabletompkins.org.

Sasha Paris
Neighborhood Mini-Grant Coordinator
Sustainable Tompkins