**Please Share Widely**

*Spring into Justice: A community dinner and keynote talk with Leah
Penniman, Soul Fire Farm -- “Uprooting Racism in the Food System: A Legacy
of Resistance”*

Date: Friday, March 23rd, 5:30PM – 8:00PM
Where: Southside Community Center, 305 S Plain Street, Ithaca, NY
Cost (Dinner Included): Sliding Scale $5-$15. No one turned away.* Please
purchase tickets online or at 607-319-5095 <(607)%20319-5095>. A limited
number of tickets will be available at the door.*

**Get Tickets *
<https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/X2JTHFmoLPAdyveWtB_ECg>
**Sponsors Needed!
<http://groundswellcenter.org/sponsor-spring-into-justice/> *
http://groundswellcenter.org/sponsor-spring-into-justice/
**Volunteers Needed:* Email k...@groundswellcenter.org

Celebrate spring and food justice in community with Leah Penniman, renowned
co-director of Soul Fire Farm in Grafton, NY! *Leah is an educator, farmer,
writer, and food justice activist committed to dismantling the oppressive
structures that misguide our food system, reconnecting marginalized
communities to land, and upholding our responsibility to steward the land
that nourishes us. * Leah’s work as a farmer and educator has been
recognized by the Soros Racial Justice Fellowship, Fulbright Program,
Presidential Award for Science Teaching, NYS Health Emerging Innovator
Awards, and Andrew Goodman Foundation, among others.

She will give a keynote talk called *“Uprooting Racism in the Food System:
A Legacy of Resistance” *on March 23rd at Southside Community Center in
Ithaca, NY. We will also share a *community dinner*generously provided by
Moosewood Restaurant, Maxie’s Supper Club, and Healthy Food for All’s
network of farmers and volunteer chefs. The program will run from 5:30-8:00
PM and include
*dinner, performances, opening remarks by local food activists, and Leah’s
keynote.*
This is an opportunity to* celebrate *the start of the growing season and
the lengthening days, eat a nourishing meal among neighbors, and* learn
together* about powerful examples of *resistance *to an oppressive food
system and how to actively build alternatives!

Co-organized by Youth Farm Project <http://www.youthfarmproject.org/>,
Multicultural Resource Center
<http://multiculturalresourcecenter.org/>, Healthy
Food for All <http://www.healthyfoodforall.org/>, Rainbow Healing Center of
America <http://rainbowhealingctr.weebly.com/rhc-in-the-community>, Southside
Community Center
<http://getconnected.uwtc.org/agency/detail/?agency_id=2660>, Greenstar
Community Projects  <https://greenstar.coop/gscp-2/>and Food Forest Farm.
<http://www.foodforestfarm.com/>

*Thank you to our current sponsors! Good Life Farm, Maxie's Supper Club,
Moosewood Restaurant, T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies,
NOFA-NY, Local and Regional Food Systems at Cornell, and Friendship
Donations Network, Wegmans, and Greenstar Cooperative*.  Become a sponsor
<http://groundswellcenter.org/sponsor-spring-into-justice/>
Get Tickets Online!
<https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/X2JTHFmoLPAdyveWtB_ECg>
Or call us at 607-319-5095 <(607)%20319-5095> or mail us a check payable to
CTA/Groundswell, 225 S Fulton St, Ithaca NY 14850.

--
*Kate Cardona*
*Equity, Outreach and Course Coordinator *

*LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
<https://www.facebook.com/groundswellcenter/?fref=ts> • subscribe to our
newsletter <http://groundswellcenter.org/email-list/>*

visit:  http://www.sustainabletompkins.org/