AgStravaganza! on the Ithaca Commons
Saturday, April 14, 10:00am-4:00pm

@Ithaca Commons, 171 East MLK, Jr. / State Street, Ithaca, NY

RAIN OR SHINE! Bring the whole family to the Ithaca Commons and learn about
local agriculture and its importance to Tompkins County’s economy.

This FREE, fun, family event will include big farm equipment, little farm
animals, and educational exhibits. Visitors can talk with a soils expert, spin
the ‘Wheel O’ Dairy’, and have Cornell Dairy ice cream samples served by the NY
State Dairy Princesses. 4-H members will show and talk about their animals
including a calf, sheep, bunnies and poultry. There will also be animals from
Laughing Goat Fiber Farm, Cabin View Alpacas, and Spot Hollow Farm, which will
offer sheep shearing exhibitions throughout the day.

More than 20 local farms will set up displays including CSA farms for our
annual Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Fair, including vegetable, cheese,
beer, hard cider and meat producers. Stroll the Commons while you chat with
farmers, sample some farm products, and learn how CSA (direct purchasing) can
benefit your family. Have lunch with our local foods vendor, The Piggery.
CCE-Tompkins’ Master Composter Volunteers and Tompkins County Solid Waste will
help us all learn more about reducing our waste stream, with on-site collection.

See a full list of participating farms and organizations here:
http://ccetompkins.org/events/2014/04/12/agstravaganza

Share with your friends on FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1618408621590155/?active_tab=about

Sponsored by Tompkins County Farm Bureau with Cornell Cooperative Extension of
Tompkins County and the Downtown Ithaca Alliance.

For more information about sustainability in the Tompkins County area, please
visit:  http://www.sustainabletompkins.org/
If you have questions about this list please contact the list manager, Tom
Shelley, at t...@cornell.edu.