Join the Finger Lakes Land Trust<http://www.fllt.org/> and Wendy Hammond for an
introduction to forest
bathing<http://www.fllt.org/events/talks-treks-forest-bathing/> on Sunday, May
20 at 2 p.m. at the Ellis Hollow Nature Preserve.

Forest bathing is a gentle, meditative practice of connecting with nature
through our senses. Studies have demonstrated a wide variety of health benefits
to this practice, especially in the cardiovascular and immune systems, and for
stabilizing and improving mood and cognition. This experience will be guided by
therapist and coach Wendy Hammond, certified with the Association of Nature and
Forest Guides.

Join us at the Ellis Hollow Nature Preserve for an afternoon of immersion in
the forest, connecting with nature in a new way. Note: bathing does not mean we
will actually be going into the water, though it would be useful to wear
waterproof shoes to cross streams, and raincoats in case of inclement weather.
This will not be a strenuous experience, though there are some inclines to
navigate.

Space is limited. Please email i...@fllt.org<mailto:i...@fllt.org> or call
(607) 275-9487 to register.

Directions: From Ithaca, follow Ellis Hollow Road 2.5 miles past East Hill
Shopping Plaza. Turn left on Genung Road, then right on Ellis Hollow Creek
Road. Preserve entrance is located 0.2 miles past intersection, on left side of
road.

Edie Jodz
Assistant Director of Development
Finger Lakes Land Trust
202 East Court Street
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607) 275-9487
www.fllt.org<http://www.fllt.org>

For more information about sustainability in the Tompkins County area, please
visit:  http://www.sustainabletompkins.org/
If you have questions about this list please contact the list manager, Tom
Shelley, at t...@cornell.edu.