Martin Klingensmith wrote:

> It's an interesting thing..
> Put 4 apples on a table. Do everything imaginable with them, you still have 4
> apples left at the end of the day [well unless you were hungry]
> I'm trying to say there's a law of conservation of n in science,
> where n is anything.
> You can't make anything disappear, it has to go somewhere
> You can't make anything appear it has to come from somewhere
> You can convert energy into matter and matter into energy [theoretically]. You
> can change the form of energy [light/motion/electricity/whatever]
> But I guess if someone wants to find the magical gas pump that never runs out,
> great. [if you can make carbon dioxide disappear as well]
>
> -Martin K

What "is" a magnetic field? Why does the "electron" continue to spin around the
nucleus of the atom? What started it going? What is the power source?

I think it is not a case of "something from nothing." It is a case of something
from an unknown source. Perhaps it is the "zero point energy" which most
scientists claim is too "chaotic" to exploit.

It is foolish to think we know everything. If you think you do, think again.

Arne.

PS: Our sun is a relatively "perpetual" energy machine, as we will be long gone
when it finally burns out....

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM