Rawls,

Not sure where you are, but I know a guy who's installing a 2.8 (?) BMW 6 cyl.
turbodiesel in a Range Rover - the BMW 524 and 528's in the mid-80's that had
the turbodiesel used it with the same ZF automatic that the Rangies have. I've
seen entire 524's on Autotrader for less than $3000, and Ford also installed
the BMW turbodiesel in some Lincoln Mark VII's in the mid-80's, and these
engines are out there in junkyards - often with low mileage, from cars owner by
folks who never went anywhere.

Supposed to be a good engine - and the Ford angle makes parts availability good
- although BMW dealers can get everything too. The Ford workshop manuals are
supposed to be better.

Craig

Rawls Moore wrote:

> Malcolm- I am interested to hear about your RR with the tdi.  I was told
> that wasn't really possible.  Most people have told me you need a Defender
> or a Disco I.  I currently have a 91  RR, but it isn't in the greatest
> shape.  I would like to see if I could get it to run off of ethanol though.
> If you don't mind, shoot me a mail and let me know how the conversions went,
> cost (if you don't mind sharing that stuff!), and you experience with the
> tdi.
>
> thanks for the mail!
>
> --rawls

Buy Stock for $4.