Keith Addison wrote:

>Richard Morgan wrote:
>
>>It looks like everyone is debating a self correcting problem, at least
>>on the fuel/oil use.  If  we don't want to use the oil products, they
>>are going to run out of them sooner or later-- use them faster.
>>If the green house deal comes about, it will likely kill most the
>>population off-- less people messing up the world.
>>

>That's getting to be quite fashionable view, but only in a fairly
>small sector of the rich industrialised countries that are causing
>the lion's share of the problems.

Richard-  The view is only what could be waiting at the other end with a
couple of possible extremes.  On one hand they say we are dooming the
world and on the other that any affects are natural from being closer to
the sun.  A person has to wonder who is covering what  with the hearing
of one time that the polar caps of Mars are melting, how did we do that?

> The majority of the world's
>population might not see it quite that way, nor agree with the
>"solution". Such a solution-by-neglect might be one way - as proposed
>by those who like claiming that we're a self-destructive species,
>it'd be a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy. But there's more to us
>than that, and more to the planet than just the West (which includes
>Japan). There's a lot more on offer than your solution-by-neglect,
>real solutions. Discussing them isn't just hot air, it's where action
>can start, and does start.

Richard-  I don't happen to think we are self destructive and that a
little effort goes a long way.  Some where along the line I think I
heard the US has cleaned up the air about 80% since all of this has
started.  In Spokane, Wa. they haven't been out of compliance in 5 or so
years and that was with them dropping the bar to be reached (higher
standards), while other cities are never in compliance.   The effort is
made to lower the amount of field burning, which very few use to do
until the government started to push no-till farming, who can figure.
 Then the same government sends a worker out and burns half the county
up in southern Wa. and by now having those wicked fire trails or a
little clear cut here and there, burned up a few thousand acres and a
few people in northern Wa.  Of course those almost natural things didn't
put anything into the air.  These are just a couple of the clear
thinking efforts have done in our area.

>>Like with Mt. St.
>>Helen's, nature will correct itself, even if people don't.  If a person
>>wants to correct a problem, you don't start by howling at the moon, you
>>look down to see if your own foot in in the mud and start from there.
>>

>Yes, you start from there, but you also try to learn more, you
>discuss, you share information, and that's not just howling at the
>moon. I think most people here are aware of what their foot is
>standing on, and very many are doing something about it.

Richard-  I knew there would be a hit on this point and rightly so.
 I've read enough to know that at least a few of you know where both
your feet are and what direction you are taking.  Maybe the notion on my
part of being defensive shouldn't apply here.  A person sees a number of
attacks on their way of life and their rights as a citizen and it hard
to figure way.   I think most people have common goals and most the
common people I've known are just trying to get along the best they can.
 It's hard to figure the uncommon ones that know what the world is going
to be like in fifty years and how we can change it .  Most of us have a
hard time figuring out what is going to be happening next week and about
the only thing we can change for certain is our underwear.

>>I guess it would just about be self correcting on drunk drivers, but
>>there, I would help it along by making it murder 1 if a drunk driver
>>killed anyone beyond themselves.
>>In my research of the last few months on bio diesel, it looks like the
>>biggest hindrance to getting anything off the ground is EPA or other
>>government regulations.  Why would anything basically being a food
>>product  and not being consumed as an edible be regulated by anyone.
>>There are other ways of controlling bad end products, around here the
>>business won't last long, just by word of mouth.  Other places, they
>>like to sue until the lawyers are satisfied justice is done.
>>

>The key to it is demand, which won't happen until consumers know the
>issues, which will take a lot more howling at the moon.

Richard-- This is one thing we have in common, I don't see any harm in
not using as many petrol-based products as a person can, make their own
electric or what ever makes the U.S. stronger with its own resources and
I would love to have one foot in bio diesel.  Have a good one.

>Best
>
>Keith
>

>Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
>Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
>To unsubscribe, send an email to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>rms/
>

>.