Mike,

  Change your search word to, "Iodine number."

Arlos

-----Original Message-----
From: mike71ghia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2004 7:38 PM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [biofuel] Testing iodine value? Degumming?

I'm a bit of a newbie on the subject, I tried to search the messages
for iodine but aparently none in the subject line.
I have read a good amount and am weighing out a lot of factors before
playing with this idea.
Could someone give me a link or explain what the iodine value of the
fuel relates to? I can't recall if this refers to svo or to processed
fuel.
Also as far as svo goes how exactly would one go about degumming svo?
I understand this is one of the major factors that could stick rings
and cause varnish deposits. If I recall correctly this applies to
only some sources of oil type.
Thanks for the info,
mike

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129gfiaea/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=gr
oups/S=1705083269:HM/EXP=1086664058/A=2164331/R=0/SIG=11eaelai9/*http:/w
ww.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183351> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=group
s/S=:HM/A=2164331/rand=992996750>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links
*         To visit your group on the web, go to:

*         To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*         Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Service.