Steve,

I am driving an '86 F250 with a home-brew biodiesel product in a B50 mixture
format without any problems here. Been doing so for four months now.  It's been
a great experience for me driving past the gas stations.  I put a new
aftermarket 38 gallon fuel tank on the truck.  That was a job, but well worth
it.

I have not really conducted any formal washing [like bubble washing] to this
point with any of the fuel I have produced.

The engine your probably referring to is a 6.9L international which would be
found in an '85 F250 diesel.

Good luck, Michael