Greetings to you, dear Shashi

>GREETINGS Dear Keith,
>                    I came to know that presently in
>many labs through out the world useing enzymes instead
>of NAOH but they say the reaction is very slow

It seems only to be a lab process, I don't think anyone is using it
for production. There are advantages though. For instance, this
method can produce branched alkyl esters, with isopropanol or
butanol, which have a much lower cloud point, even using tallow. Or,
I guess, palm oil. There's some information in the archives about
this.

>I want to know if any Biotechnologyical process is
>involved in the presnt manufacturing of Biodiesel in
>which we use NAOH as a catlyst this question iam
>asking
>because one of the manufacturer i know claims that by
>using NAOH as a catylst it involves Biotechnological
>process pls do throw more light on this

That's not so. It's a chemical process, it involves no biology at
all, although of course the oil itself is of biological origin, and
may have come from a GMO crop. But there's no biotech involved in the
process itself. The process is outlined here, for instance:

http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_mike.html
Biodiesel recipe from Mike Pelly

or here:
http://www.cytoculture.com/Biodiesel%20Handbook.htm#How%20Biodiesel%20