> sorry, yeah, a 6.9L. I still can't believe 6.9 litres could move so
> slow. It does help explain the volume of smoke though, 9 1/4 wine
> bottles worth of combustion space! Wow, that seemed like a lot until I
> converted it to beers, only 19 1/2, still a solid days work.
>
>>You mean a 6.9 engine though,
>
> Steve Murphy
> Mapping Technician
> Truckee Donner PUD
> (530) 582-3943
> Steve,
no they are not racecars, but aside from a few issues, they are a
bulletproof motor.  You should not be having excessive smoke like that.
It indicates that your timing is off or something is wrong with the fuel
system.  Here's how it SHOULD be.  You ought to have a little puff of
smoke, any color, immediately on startup, evident with biodiesel or #2,
and she will smoke grey/blue until she's warm(180-200*F) after that, you
should have NO smoke at idle and only some black smoke under hard
acceleration, like around shift pointsd or at WOT.  Mine idles and drives
around town with no smoke at all except under hard acceleration, when cold
or after a long idle.  I'd highly recommend you visit this website:
forums.thedieselstop.com  These guys are teh Ford Diesel experts.  I'm
just learning.  We also have our own dedicated biodiesel and alternative
fuels forum.  Good luck,
J.D.