Ok, here is my dilema, I am researching wether to convert my 1985
Chevy Blazer 6.2 to burn alternative fuels such as biodiesel, SVO and
WVO. I have learned alot about the fuels, processes and the
equipment, but ran into a snag about the viability of my vehicle for
this project. Below you will find a couple short excerpt taken from
different sources which have widely differing opinions on whether my
vehicle is a good candidate for this transformation. Please read......

PRO OPINION:
These motors are solid and reliable (when maintained) to well over
300,000 miles. As with any motor during the course of its
implementation, bugs are identified (injection pump for example) and
corrected. One must remember that these problems are not at the sole
or exclusive fault of GM. The Stanadyne DB2 injection pump has
undergone several improvements during its use, and reliability has
increased.

Some notable pluses about the 6.2L Detroit diesel:

It is the least expensive diesel to rebuild or replace.
It features the least expensive injector pump to rebuild or replace.
It is the least expensive diesel oil change.
They are known for excellent fuel economy.
It is the easiest to convert to SVO or Bio-diesel.
It produces the largest gains from aftermarket upgrades

CON OPINION:
2We do not suggest the conversion of engines equipped with
distributor-type injection pumps manufactured by DELPHI, LUCAS, CAV,
Stanadyne and Roto-Diesel.

Best I can tell the pump in my vehicle is a "distributor type"
Stanadyne pump. If I am wrong on that point, someone please correct
me! Thanks for any info or especially experiences if anyone is
already burning these fuels using a motor and pump similar to mine,
thanks again!!!