Those pumps die anyway. Biodiesel isn't a problem with them. The
Diesel Fuel Injection Equipment Manufacturers (Delphi, Stanadyne,
Denso, Bosch) still make cautious noises about biodiesel but they're
supportive nonetheless. They insist on standard-spec fuel at minimum,
but it's easy to make standard-spec biodiesel or better. Here's their
statement on biodiesel quality:
Summary -- html
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_FIEM.html
Full document -- Acrobat file, 104kb
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/FIEM.pdf

For SVO/WVO the same reservations apply to Stanadyne pumps as to
Lucas-CAV - rotary pumps, not good.

Elsbett says: "We do not suggest to modify engines equipped with
distributor-type
injection pumps manufactured by Delphi, Lucas, CAV, Stanadyne and Roto-Diesel."

There's more about this at Darren Hill's site:
http://www.vegburner.co.uk/suitability.htm
Vegburner

Meanwhile there've been furious denials from Greasel and probably
others - nothing wrong with rotary pumps and SVO, they say, it's just
"rumors", "misinformation". Ho-hum.

Ed Beggs of Neoteric reported an initial failure (old pump) and no
problems with the rebuilt replacement: "Starting into a project with
an old highly worn pump - well, sure,
anything can happen... these pumps fail daily to begin with, on
diesel fuel... Throw in some inferior WVO that should have been made
into biodiesel, and you are adding to the potential for problems,
IMO. On the other hand, with a good pump in good shape, and good WVO
or SVO, well heated and free of water and contaminants.. no problems."

Others agree with that, though it's also said that the Stanadyne
pumps can't take too much heat either, maybe 180 deg F max. Not too
little, not too much.

It's the same with the Lucas - it can be done but it has to be done
well, and there's still a shortage of long-term results, there are
some, but not enough.

Once again, it's the difference between biodiesel and SVO. Biodiesel
- any diesel will do. SVO - maybe any diesel, but there's a lot more
to consider, if you're just going to chuck it in and go then be
prepared for problems.

Best

Keith