Many thanks for your good wishes, Luc, Brian, Jorge and all.
Especially since I was expecting a thumping for neglecting the list
maintenance. But we got it all installed and set up last night
without any problems or delays, not like last time (18 months ago)
when we were offline for most of a week.

>May your move be pleasant, and without incident. May the birds greet
>you with cheer. Fresh mountain air, good to keep the cobwebs out of
>the mind :)
>
>Luc

Thankyou! Yes, all that and more - very fresh air, crisp and clean,
birds everywhere, really peaceful and quiet. Visitors said that about
our last place, but there's no comparison, this is much better. It's
pretty round here. I'm sitting at my desk with the screens open and
all I can see is wild green stuff, starting 10 feet away, beyond that
forested slopes and blue sky. It's great! The mind is sort of
hopelessly cobwebbed beyond all remedy but the spirit soars. On the
other hand the wild boar are a problem, so are the deer, if you grow
stuff, and we've seen a few weasels, the chicken hutch (the end bit
of one of the sheds) is currently being turned into Midori's version
of Fort Chicken. The chooks have got a whole field to run on during
the day though.

>Sounds like a positivie move.  Hope all goes well.  I'm hoping I get
>to move somewhere more mountainous soon.
>
>Brian

It's only about an hour away, so no need for an everything-one-time
move, much easier. Still a lot of chaos and a lot of stuff yet to be
moved, but the rest is quite easy. We were cooking on biodiesel last
night and this morning because the gasman messed up, but he's here
now connecting it all. We'll still use the biodiesel though, and
we'll replace the gas with biogas eventually anyway. Lots of work to
do getting the land in condition for crops - we've got a tractor and
a rotavator, both diesels (and a few other diesels, including an old
250cc Yanmar, interesting), and there's a few tons of compost to be
brought from the old place and so on. I'd like to get some pigs to do
the ploughing, they're much better (and you can't make biogas with
tractor-manure, nor do tractors make good bacon). Mountains though,
yes - Mountains Are Good For You. A couple of years in Holland
convinced me of that, and I was born on one after all. I do notice
though that the more mountainous we get the less we use our bicycles.

>Moving? I know what you mean....I move from the states to Honduras
>10 years ago I'm a lot of stuff get lost,broken or just missing...I
>hope it won't be your case...happy moving!!!
>
>Jorge

Thankyou Jorge, we should be okay, I don't think we'll lose anything
this time, touch wood. We're quite good at this, we seem to do it
about once a year, which doesn't make it any less of a PITA.

Best wishes

Keith