Keith,
 Now I understand the slow method of Methoxide addition, thanks. You mention
that the process takes about 6 minutes or so to add the methoxide, does that
mean it drips onto the top of the mixture in the mix tank? You sound like you
have made a lot so I am going to follow your pattern but using 44 gallon drums
(easier for me to get for free) and just wanted to know how to minimise any
splash of methoxide or sulhpuric acid (I plan on using the two stage
process). I notice (and envy) the shower rose for the return from the pump,
would it be just as good to have it returning just under the level of the mix
tank so as to minimise splashing.

Angus

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 01:32:05 +0900, Keith Addison wrote
> [...]
> methanol/methoxide) straight into the pump would achieve a more
> thorough mix. I'm sure either way will do, but if feeding it straight
> to the pump gets too complicated try it this way.
> http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_processor10.html
> Journey to Forever 90-litre processor
>
> Best wishes
>
> Keith
>
> >Look at the processor plans at:
> >http://www.journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_processor.html . The
> >APpleseed reactor and many others have the type of pump-mixed system
> >you're describing. The way methoxide is added, is that a second tank
> >(a 5-gallon jerrican in my case) is used, which the methoxide is mixed
> >up in. Then it's plumbed inline with the intake of the pump. When y0u
> >add methoxide, you just open a valve, and hopefully the pump will draw
> >in the methoxide into the oil stream.
> >
> >The other devices for this sort of thing include venturis (which would
> >make this work a little better than the current APpleseed arrangement
> >does) and various agricultural sprayer equipment 'injectors' for
> >adding pesticides to a stream of liquid. I don't have direct
> >experience with these. Venturis and other inline chemcal injection
> >devices are found at the Northern Tool, tractor Supply Company,
> >various local agricultural/ranch/farm supply places, www.
> >surpluscenter.com, and McMaster-Carr (McMaster.com I think).
> >
> >Let us know what you find and how it works for you.
> >
> >Mark
> >
> >--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, Angus Scown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I have just started construction of my processer. I have started
> >pretty
> > > simply by building a cone bottomed 44 gallon (200 litre) drum. I
> >was
> > > thinking of using a pump to do the mixing as it seems very simple to
> > > design/install and with clear pipes in sections to monitor the
> >colour.
> > >
> > > My construction helper (he who welds) and I got talking about the
> >addition of
> > > the Methanol , Acid, Methoxide. He got me thinking about some sort
> >of inline
> > > 'adder' so I could drip my chosen substance in to the pump mixing
> >lines.
> > > This would help me get a good mix. Has anyone else got experience
> >with this
> > > type of design. Not knowing too much about pumps etc what sort of
> >device
> > > could I look for/make for adding the substance 'mid flow'.
> > >
> > > Many thanks.
> > >
> > > Angus
> > > --
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > http://maroochypermaculture.org.au
> >

> >Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
> >http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html
> >
> >Biofuels list archives:
> >http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/
> >
> >Please do NOT send Unsubscribe messages to the list address.

 Yahoo! Groups Sponsor