--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> In his documentary about how bad GM is for closing the Flint plant,
>he shows evictions and people getting kicked out onto the street.
>It's no result of the GM closing, the person didn't work for GM but
>it made a good picture for his point.

Do you have any references for this?  I don't remember the scene
in "Roger and Me" that you refer to, but I do believe that if the
person didn't work for GM, the film wouldn't have represented him as
working for GM.  And, if he in fact didn't work for GM, in a town
that the unemployment rate suddenly shoots to 50%, a lot of people
that don't work for the main employer in town also lose their jobs.
They might not have been let go by that employer, but the loss of
their job is a direct result of that employer's actions none the
less.  Again, I don't remember the specific scene you are talking
about, but since you make only conjecture it is impossible to know
exactly how to respond.

>In Bowling for Columbine he references a little 6 year old who got
>hold of a gun and killed someone or maybe even himself. It was
>evidence though of how guns should be out of every home.

I do remember this scene.  He was referring to a 6 year old in
Michigan, who got a hold of a gun that was in the house and killed
one of his classmates.  He was inadequately supervised while his
mother was being bussed 45 miles away for her minimum wage job.  If I
remember correctly, she worked two minimum wage jobs back to back
before getting back on the bus back home.  Not exactly the crack head
that you make her out to be.  And, the film never said that guns
should be out of every home.  Moore pointed out his membership in the
NRA and his own gun ownership in the film.  He was promoting
responsible gun ownership.  A pretty moderate stand, in my opinion.

As for misrepresentations and half truths, I see more in your post
than all of the Moore films I have seen so far.

Brian