Mopeds are defined by the engine and weight,
the weight I do not remember straight off but the
engine had to be under 50 cc. I Sweden they had
an additional restriction and that was that they
would not go faster than 30 kmph, which was
achieved by reducing the carburetor intake and
I do no know many youngsters that did not learned
how to handle a drill. LOL

In Sweden the moped do not require license, but
you have to be 15. I bought my first when I was 12,
for money that I earned by putting scrapped radios
together to working ones. I was hanging out with two
workshops, one was the radio & TV and the other
was a very nice gunsmith. I was competing in target
shooting and still have a number of silver plates and
pieces from that time 12 to 16. An other interest I had,
was horseback riding, which I started with when I was
9 years old. The Stockholm racing track was nearby
and I worked with horses on the school leaves, did
trainee races when I was 14, but then I became too
large and heavy.

Light motorbike, 75 kg and max 200 cc, license you
can take at 16 and I bought my first, when I was 14,
a 125 cc old Husqvarna. Got caught for illegal driving,
but was too young and they lost the record, so I could
take the license when I was 16 anyway.

Heavy motorbike and car, the age in Sweden is 18 years.

Hakan